Ivy-isms: Dragonmatic
I pick up Ivy every afternoon from my Mom's. Most of the time this goes smoothly. But sometimes when I walk in Ivy wants me RIGHT THEN because she hasn't seen me all day. Usually this happens when Mom needs to show me something RIGHT THEN too so she can get to work on time. This is what happened on Monday...
Ivy: Hey Mommy!
Me: Hey Ives! Did you have a good day?
Ivy: Come here and look! I'm sewing! (random sewing stuff scattered on the floor)
Grammie: Come look at these patterns and fabrics I have.
Me: (Walk into living room look at the stuff on the floor and proceed to Mom's sewing room to look at stuff)
Grammie: What do you think?
Me: Well I really like -
Ivy: MOMMY!MOMMY!MOMMY! (Yelling from the other room)
Me: Just a minute babe, let me talk to Grammie for a minute
Grammie: So do you like this pattern?
Me: I like -
Ivy: MOMMY!MOMMY!MOMMY! (While pulling my leg)
Me: I'm coming Ivy, I just need to help Grammie for a minute.
Ivy: MOMMY!MOMMY!MOMMY! (While pulling my arm)
Grammie: (Asking/telling me something that I can't hear b/c of Ivy)
Me: You are going to have to wait! Please give me two minutes! Now sit down on the chair!
Ivy: (Falls into fits screaming and crying on the floor. Big tears, Throwing her arms and legs around)
Me: Ivy you can not fall into hysterics when you don't get your way! Your rolling around howling like a wild animal!
Ivy: I AM NOT ACTING LIKE AN ANIMAL!
Me: Ok well excuse me but you are being VERY DRAMATIC!
Ivy: I AM NOT BEING DRAGONMATIC!!!!!
Me: (Trying to keep a straight face) YES you are. (Bust out laughing)

