Sir Pollack Picasso turns 5
Yep, Sir Pollack Picasso, that's his whole name. I know, I know, big name for such a little dog...but the truth is he's got a big personality.
I can't believe little P is 5. He actually turned 5 on Saturday and Ivy sang to him several times...and by several I mean about 408. But I love it when she sings so it didn't bother until she got to about 402.
We brought P-man home in March 2006 when he was just 6 weeks old and he would fit in the palm of our hands. He was so tiny and he had the worst puppy breath. A lot of people love the smell of puppy breath...I hate it, but I did love his big eyes and they way he would wobble sideways when he walked.
By the time he was 8 weeks old he had walking straight, chewing on sticks, and being cute down to an art. He loved us and we loved him. We couldn't wait to get home from work everyday and play with him. He would be so excited that he would pee on the floor. Well the truth is anytime she saw someone he would pee on the floor...luckily, he out grew that. All he would want to do is wrestle with us, run, and chew on our hands. And after about 15 minutes of that, his poor little puppy self would pass out right where he stopped and would sleep for an hour.
We were really lucky with P-man. He was very easy to train and he never chewed on any furniture. He only chewed on toys that we bought him or the old socks that we gave him. The only time he ever tried to chew a shoe it was one of my flip flops and it was really hard leather and he gave up pretty quickly.
The only other thing he seemed to want to chew on was our hands and that stopped shortly after he lost all of his baby teeth. Although he would sneak in a surprise attack sometimes.
P-man was full grown by the time he was 12 weeks old and he was such handsome dog.
He made us a family instead of a couple.
![]() |
| It's hard to believe that this picture was taken about one year before Ivy was born. |
Pollack was our only priority. He went on all of our trips with us. He loved the hikes and walks in the mountains. We loved watching him run around with sticks bigger than his mouth and we loved watching him explore.
He was the only subject of our pictures and now he waits patiently on the sidelines. Well, maybe not patiently (he really is whiny a lot because I can't give him my undivided attention and I want to throw him out the back door) but he waits.
And although he didn't get a party on his birthday he did get a scoop of peanut butter which is probably the only thing he would want. Seriously, it's his favorite!
I can't always give him the attention he probably deserves but I do love him like he's my kid. He was after all my first baby.

Happy Birthday Buddy!















Such good memories of my first "grandchild". He is still so sweet & loving. I still remember the baby sitting on Friday nights so ya'll could have your date night. Pollack & I always had so much fun playing. I love you Pollack & grammie will give you a spoonful of peanut butter the next time you are here.
sooo adorable
Oh my goodness Marti : ) I think these are my favorite kind of dogs. Your dog is SO cute. I love the pictures. Too sweet for words. Happy Birthday : )