Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cupcakes & Princesses

We were celebrating Ivy's birthday with her class on Wednesday, October 20th since there was no school that Friday and Ivy wanted pink cupcakes (yes, she specified pink). I let her invite our neighbor Mea over to help her. I sometimes wish I had two girls to do fun things like this with...only sometimes.  Mea kept saying she was scared and wanted me to stand right behind her the whole time.  They had a blast using the mixer and they were so excited when I let them put some sprinkles in the batter.

Photobucket

And I look really angry in this picture below...like I want to throw the bowl across the room but I promise I wasn't mad and I didn't want to throw anything, I think I was concentrating on not letting the sprinkle container go into the batter.  However, at about 9:00 when I was still downstairs putting icing on some of the cupcakes and Ivy was refusing to get in the bed for her Daddy...I did want to throw something but I refrained.

Photobucket

And of course they chatted the whole time.  These two girls were made to be best friends.  It's so funny when they see each other, it's like the movies when things move in slow motion and the epic music starts playing because two people haven't seen each other in a long time....seriously it's like that.  They take off running across the yard and give each other a big hug and then they hold hands and run in the house (doesn't matter which house) and they hold hands all the way up the stairs to their rooms.  And then the whole time they are playing they squeal and giggle.  It's the cutest thing.

Photobucket

I really did let them do it themselves for the most part.  It was a little awkward trying to help them do some things having to stand behind Mea the whole time, but I think overall they did pretty good.

Photobucket

After we put the first batch into the oven.  Mea's mom told her it was time to go so she could get ready for her bath and bed.  And Mea turned around with a look of shock on her face and said very clearly and with a little bit of an attitude...."You know I'm gonna eat some cupcakes!"  I busted out laughing and I assured her we would save her one.  Ivy didn't want Mea to leave so I had to quickly distract her, when I turned the oven light on so she could see the cupcakes she barely moved for the next 12 - 14 minutes...seriously, she didn't even want to turn around for the picture.

Photobucket

Can you guess which batch was Mea and Ivy's and which batch was Mommy's?

Photobucket

I wanted to even let Ivy put the icing on them so she knew that she was for sure going to have pink cupcakes.  I showed her how to do one and then gave her the knife and a cupcake.  I turned my back for about half a second to pick up the camera and she was licking the icing off the knife of course.  Chris told her she shouldn't do that and so instead she offered him some.

Photobucket

Don't worry...I got a new knife for the rest.  But I think her pink cupcakes turned out pretty cute.

Photobucket

Ivy was so proud the next day at school when Grammie and I showed up.  And she wanted to make sure I was watching as a spider from their story was getting them.  All the kids in the class are adorable and very well mannered.  I really love Ivy's school and her teachers...they are amazing.  Check it out if you have time.

Photobucket

As you can see...she was paying very close attention.  And she was so proud of her birthday crown.  It was the first then she showed me when I walked in.

Photobucket

And another reason this school is so cool...they let you put an actual candle on the cupcake without assuming that you will burn the place down.  We turned off the lights and Ivy loved it but she acted bashful again once we started singing the birthday song and she wanted Grammie to help her blow the candle out.

Photobucket

She even got to pick where she wanted everyone to sit.

Photobucket

And then we brought Adalyn in from her classroom.  She's about six months older than Ivy and is in the next class up but they still get to play together outside.  Adalyn's Mom, Ms. Manda, is Ivy's kindermusik teacher.  So Ivy, Adalyn, and Brigid have been in kindermusik class together this semester and apparently they love each other.  I find it slightly amusing that Brigid is the one looking at me because she normally has nothing to do with me when the camera is present.

Photobucket

On Ivy's actual birthday Mea came over again and the girls had a BLAST putting on Ivy's new princess dresses....they couldn't get in them fast enough!

Photobucket

The next ten minutes were spent twirling and dancing and Ivy telling Mia that she lost a slipper and we needed to find it.

Photobucket

No longer Ivy and Mea....meet Belle and Cinderella, the two most beautiful princesses I have ever met.

Photobucket

Oh, and of course there was more cake.  Ivy wanted to be all bashful again...

Photobucket

...and she needed Mea and Mommy to help her blow out her candles.

Photobucket

Overall I'd say Ivy had a pretty swell birthday week.

Kimberly  – (November 17, 2010 at 9:51 PM)  

Looks like Ivy had a great b-day week! Lots of cake! Love your posts btw.

Hope the pic disclaimer's not aimed at me : ( I did give Chris props for the pic I posted on fb. I can take it down if you want... let me know.

Post a Comment

Go ahead, show me some love....leave me a comment or thought.


Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. It started out as a blog to keep my family and friends updated on the happenings in the Ward house while Chris and I raise our daughter Ivy, but it's turned into a little more than that for me. So sit back and enjoy because I'll be sharing all kinds of moments and memories from our life and keeping people as updated as I can on my brother Clifford, while he is deployed to Afghanistan.
While my stories may not always be happy, funny, or inspirational they are real. And it's pretty good therapy for me to write how I feel about things. So please excuse all my typos and run on sentences because I usually type like I talk and I don't stress too much over my grammatical errors. I hope everyone enjoys and keeps reading...oh, and leave me a comment, it makes my day!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP