Christmas Fun
When Christmas morning finally arrived we were so excited for Ivy to see all of her new stuff. She is usually pretty hungry in the morning when she wakes up so we just kept the door shut to the living room and fed her breakfast (otherwise things could have gone downhill very quickly). When we opened the door to the living room she walked in and got a little grin on her face as she saw her new car. "Oooooo Man!" were her exact words. I think she was a little over whelmed at first. I could tell she wanted to get in the car but she could also see all the other gifts that Santa brought just waiting to have the paper ripped off of them. Then she looked up and saw her stocking with a Cookie Monster and a Count Dracula from Sesame Street hanging out of it and that was it....COOKIE she screamed. She emptied her stocking then ripped into her new presents. It was great to watch. Chris and I felt like little kids again!
Ivy got lots of little Disney figures to play with, lots of books to read, all of the attachments to go with her little people farm, an art easel and a new baby doll that coos, giggles, cries, sucks a paci, sucks a bottle, blinks it's eyes, and breaths when it goes to sleep. None of those peeing babies yet for this household. But her face lit up when she opened that baby doll, we have been in Walmart several times and she goes straight to that baby every time. Ivy is not one to show out in public and is really good when it's time to leave, whatever toy she is messy with she will normally wave and tell it "bye bye" but we have had several melt downs over this baby at Walmart.
Chris and I made out pretty well too. I got Chris the keyboard that he has been begging for and he surprised me with a diamond necklace. I'm not much of a jewelry person usually but there is something special about it when you get it. I love it and I love him! I feel truly blessed that God has given him to me. He's a great Dad and a great Husband!
Ivy reading her new books. She turned every page in every book front to back. It took forever and she refused to do anything else until she was done. Santa might not bring so many books next year. :)
We spent most of the day just playing all four of us (#4 would be Pollack, he had a Christmas stocking too). Then we took naps and played some more. Later that evening we went over to Mom's house for some delicious brinner...pancakes and bacon eaten off of her fine china. Sounds ridiculous but it's tradition! We all ate until we just about popped then on to more presents. Mom went a little overboard as she does every year but I guess that's tradition too. :) Love you Mom! She made Ivy a really great jacket that is brown w/ purple dots. I'm actually jealous of it. She also made Ivy some Abby Cadabby PJ's. All 3 or us got matching NY Jets PJ's and I got a pair of GA Bulldogs and Chris got some UNC Tarheels. It was a great day overall and it was extra special at Mom's because it was our first Christmas with Jeanna, Clifford's fiance. Cliffy and Jeanna won over Ivy because they got her a doll house. We literally have to pull her away from it kicking and screaming! Here are some pictures from Mom's house.
Of course Ivy had to jump in there with her Uncle and not to mention Jeanna is her new best friend. I bet she says Jeanna 500 times a day!
Chris and I in front of Mom's beautiful Christmas tree (you can kinda see my new necklace) :)










Sounds like a great time and Addison would LOVE to come play at Ivy's house!